"Charity is commendable, everyone should be charitable. But Justice aims to create a social order in which, if individuals choose not to be charitable, people still don't go hungry, unschooled or sick without care. Charity depends on the vicissitudes of whim and personal wealth, justice depends on commitment instead of circumstance.
Faith-based charity provides crumbs from the table; faith-based justice offers a place at the table"
~Bill Moyers

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Michael Jackson, Rest In Peace, farewell dear sister... If you were one.

There are two conditions under which I'd dare to call someone a Transgender, Lesbian, Gay, etc.
The obvious one is when that person self identifies as one.
The other one is when the person in question, engages in sexual acts with a person of the same sex while at the same time, hypocritically, attacks us for the same acts.

I'm making an exception, with great respect, to that rule with Michael Jackson.

So much is being said and written about Michael, some of what I see is a person who went to great lengths so his physical appearance was that of the opposite gender, by definition, he appeared to be and would fit the description of Transgender.

I'm not trying to establish whether or not Michael Jackson was Transgender or a Transgender Woman, these farewell words, are just that, ' farewell dear Michael ', 'what if' and 'thank you' words.

Candle-01-june.gif - 2kbDear Michael,

I want to say a few things to you and in a selfish manner, to me as well.

You are dead and you are still being disrespected, I saw the words, 'Jacko' and 'Wacko' in print, I won't say that you were a Trangender Woman, however, I'm very comfortable in asking "What if?"

Maybe it is just my imagination, but when I see close up pictures of you, the look in your eyes always jumps at me, in a way, it feels that I'm looking at an Enlakesh of my gender. (Mayan - I am another yourself)

I never fail to glimpse that there is something else behind the facade, I want to say it again for the last time, maybe it is just my imagination, but when I saw your pictures with your children, I didn't see a daddy, I saw a mommy.

There are many of us who are good mothers and, many-times-many, others who have a yearning to be mothers, some will adopt, others will join a man with children and help him raise them as their own, with all the maternal love and care that we are capable of, with the knowledge that this is what we want to do, what we chose to do, fulfilling what we were meant to be, and now are.

There are times when I also see in your eyes an old acquaintance of mine, pain, profound pain at being unable to live your life as who you really are, the pain of knowing that you are being pressured to be ashamed to be who you are and to live your life as they feel you should, the pain of being made to feel guilty because of who you are, pain in knowing that to rebel and be your true self, is to invite more spiritual, emotional and psychological pain into your life, this is in addition to the heavy penalties and punishments in the social, legal, professional, religious and family life for having the audacity to be who you really are, and to live your life as such.

I also self-medicated to stop the pain, but the medication which took away a lot of it, was when I decided to not allow anybody else but me, to define me or to rule my life, realizing at the same time, that the people who call us freaks or mentally ill, are the real sick and deformed freaks in a human caricature.

The doctors and the professors are starting to come out of the woods and into the limelight of the 24/7 networks, I'm afraid it won't be pretty, in all seriousness I can tell you that if you were not already dead, they would psychoanalyze you to your grave, I don't know if you were a Transgender Woman, but you can rest assured that any and all attacks will be confronted, by me if by no one else.

But I don't think you need defending, at least on the surface I also see you as way above that, you were very brave by defying convention in so many ways, you minced the hypocritical crap of "Be yourself" that we are continously fed in "The Land of the Free and The Home of the Brave", contributed generously to worthy causes, enjoyed being a parent and who can forget, "We are the World"?

I hope you made the best of the hand nature dealt you, I prefer to think that you did, I have the feeling that we didn't get to really know your true self in life, most likely I'm wrong in my perceptions, I don't know if you were a Transgender Woman, but in case you were, I want to at least in death, acknowledge you as one who felt as I did, I also want to tell you from the bottom of my heart:

You are free now, whomever you may really be, to be who you are.

Farewell dear Michael, rest in peace.

Aurora
070109


PS
Thank you for the great music and performances, you did well, yes indeed, you did good, TXs!
Also, for what is worth, there are many of us around who still think "We Are The World", that "We Are The Ones We Have Been Waiting For", we will keep advancing the torches of basic human rights and dignity.

We Are The World: Michael Jackson, Lionel Richie, Cindy Lauper, Steve Wonder, Paul simon, kenny rogers, Dionne warwick, willie nelson, Bob dylan, Cindy lauper, & Many Other Friends


Michael Jackson - We are the World [Solo Version]


Lyrics:

Lionel richie
There comes a time when we heed a certain call

Lionel richie & stevie wonder
When the world must come together as one

Stevie wonder
There are people dying

Paul simon
And its time to lend a hand to life

Paul simon & kenny rogers
The greatest gift of all

Kenny rogers
We cant go on pretending day by day

James ingram
That someone, somewhere will soon make a change

Tina turner
We are all part of gods great big family

Billy joel
And the truth, you know, love is all we need

Chorus:
Michael jackson
We are the world, we are the children
We are the ones who make a brighter day
So lets start giving

Diana ross
Theres a choice were making
Were saving our own lives

Michael & diana ross
Its true well make a better day
Just you and me

Dionne warwick
Send them your heart
So theyll know that someone cares

Dionne warwick & willie nelson
And their lives will be stronger and free

Willie nelson
As God has shown us by turning stones to bread

Al jarreau
So we all must lend a helping hand

Chorus:
We are the world, we are the children
We are the ones who make a brighter day
So lets start giving

Bob dylan
Theres a choice were making
Were saving our own lives
Its true well make a better day
Just you and me

Michael jackson
When youre down and out, there seems no hope at all

Huey lewis
But if you just believe theres no way we can fall

Cindy lauper
Well, well, well, well let us realize that a change can only come

Kim carnes
When we stand together as one

Chorus:
We are the world, we are the children
We are the ones who make a brighter day
So lets start giving

Theres a choice were making
Were saving our own lives
Its true well make a better day
Just you and me

We are the world, we are the children
We are the ones who make a brighter day
So lets start giving

Theres a choice were making
Were saving our own lives
Its true well make a better day
Just you and me

We are the world......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, our aim is to publish all comments; the exceptions will be those which advocate violence, threats of violence, spam, and shameless 'pimping' of blogs or sites.

A link to an article or post, in and by itself, does not qualify as a comment.

These comments(?) will be promptly and gleefuly rejected.

It is ok to us if you'd want to publish a link to your blog or website, as long as it is done in an honest way, i.e., in a comment which is to the point and relevant to the post you are commenting on.

I also appreciate your visit very much.

"The Administrator" AKA Aurora

Fare well,

Subscribe to El Rinconcito de Aurora - - Subscribe in a reader
 
Powered by FeedBurner - - Add to Google Reader or Homepage - Subscribe in podnova -

Back to Top